Saturday, November 21, 2009

SATURDAYS YES YES YES

Oh how I love Saturdays. The Barngoddess and I get to sleep in.

Weather here is great, one day is it Chamber of Commerce Day Weather (that is CoC Daytonna Beach, Fl) and the next is perfect for Aspen in the winter.

So sleeping in has become a tradition here at the farm, especially on Saturdays.

Leave the windows open, ceiling fan on, and boy isn't it great sleeping.

This morning................. different story.........

I kept dreaming that the Jeep and the Longroof were having way too much fun with a new toy..... something to do with numbers and Jeeps I imagine ( you know, CJ 2, CJ 5, CJ 7, CJ 9 ?????)

I always thought the CJ stood for Crazy Jeep (could be parlayed into Crazy John too)
and the number was so the Longroof could associate with them.

Anyway, wide awake at 5:30 AM today...... as we used to say in the USN,
failed open.

Alas, what to do, Barngoddess and I are snuggling and staying warm holding each other, perfect morning -- I believe Colonel Potter's term was "spooning".

BG: "Are you awake" HF: "Yes"
BG: "Wanta just get up" HF: "Might as well"

so at the unheard of hour of 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday, we are both wide awake and up eating breakfast.
Mind you, eggs from the chickens, meat from the pig, coffee and a beautiful gal across the table.

So into the computer to research my next idea, Barngoddess watching the morning news show.....

As soon as it's light, off to the stable to clean out the tack room (normal fall cleaning), then it is off to work on my Lil Mule and Casper.

But you can be assured that come 2:00 pm the Barngoddess and I will be pulling one of those "old folks" tricks (a quick trip to the bedroom for an afternoon nap)

So as you all plod through this day, remember to

CELEBRATE LIFE

No comments: