Sunday, November 21, 2010

WE'RE TIRED

Ok we are tired, both of us...........

51 hours

1,125 miles

79.6 gallons of diesel ($3.25 gallon average)

We're tired.

Now have a new tractor............
will pick up Thursday (another 300 miles or more)

Now have a new generator...........
tractor driven, so portables are for sale
look for a posting soon

Now have a new dining room set.........
bet we don't medically treat a newborn foal on this dining room table......
no sireee... Carol and Mary would have my goat if I did that.......

But we are home safe and sound.

Had a GREAT AND I MEAN GREAT visit with my little sister Mary and her husband Don...
long time since I've had a one on one with a sister.
Thanks Mary. I REALLY enjoyed our visit. And finally got to meet Don......... what a way to Celebrate Life.

So now on to day to day routines again.

Now when I made the comment about 1,125 miles in 51 hours, my granddaughter made the acute observation that Viola and I averaged 22 miles per hour.............

WHAT????????? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course she is a math wizard, and only she could come up with that figure......
But I guess I'm getting old when I only average 22 miles per hour................

So after a long and tiring weekend...... we still managed to

CELEBRATE LIFE TO THE FULLEST..........

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

tell me more about the tractor!

Glad you made it back!

Jim

longrooffan said...

glad to hear it all worked out and was an enjoyable experience...now about that tractor!!