Saturday, January 7, 2012

PUNCHY's 45

So on to the next topic.

It was a 45 caliber revolver, six shot that came with a hoster.

Hell of a kick.

PUNCHY was hand tacked into the side.

Well, took it to a gun dealer and found out quite a bit of info on it.

Made in 1918, it is a Smith & Wesson Model 1917, with a serial number 128 _ _ _

There were only 150,000 made.
Were made to support troops like MPs.

Gun dealer says it is about 50% now. Value ranges from $600 to $2500.



Looking for the history of this pistol also.


I still have the hoster, but it is boxed up at the farm.

I remember I would put hoster on and it would slide down my legs (yes I was that skinny once), now only fits around my thigh. sic....

email me so I can put story together with the gun.

thanks.

Jim.... your email about the Post dispatch door kicked me in the rear, so now trying to get history on some other "family items"...

Have a good day, time for Viola and I to take a walk..
temp above 70, I can enjoy..........

later all

tom

3 comments:

Busplunge said...

Tom--

Bob carried that sidearm in Vietnam.

Actually he carried it with him a lot.

We used it as collateral to a wrecker company to pull his M-38 jeep out of the mud--- long story involving seeing if the 4WD worked.

I remember the story about the pistol being used in Mexico.

Somewhere around here I got a little pistol that was Dad's dad when he worked on the railroad.

Jim

Ayasha Kieth said...

Now know more about pistols.


Bushwacker Fender Flares | Bestops

Unknown said...

"Haven Lee Farm" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/01/sunday-drive_22.html