Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What we found .....

Now when the big little brothers of mine go out they always come back with something that is auto related.

When I go out I find all kinds of neat creatures of the wild.

Recently draining the pond we found some of those wild creatures, and I share them with you for your viewing pleasure.

First THE FISH
as previously posted about, here is another view



but before the fish came THE FROG



and shortly after the frog,

the daughter alerted me to something slithering on the other side of the pond, in the general vicinity of where we are standing in this picture



and after popping a couple rounds of 22 short shot into that area, we came up with THE DEAD SNAKE



then yesterday when the dozer was working in that same area, the operator said there were about 50 hundred of them snakes all across the ground, it looked like the ground was covered with them.

fortunately, they are black water snakes and common to this area, similiar to black snakes that eat rodents and other venonmous snakes.

So that is another part of the wonderful sunday at the pond

Celebrate life.

4 comments:

longrooffan said...

Horsefarmer, this olelongrooffan is soooo glad I was involved in the construction of that Coupe vs. the construction of that pond.

Looks like a blast though.

Give all your girls my love.

Busplunge said...

GET THOSE MOTHEREFFING SNAKES OUT OF THAT POND!

d5thouta5 said...

Damn.....I spent my weekend pressure washing the back deck and driveway....

I'M DOING IT WRONG......

looks and sounds like a good time wash ahd by all...wish I could have been there...
we shall refer to this date as the
Great Snake Hunt...

sure am glad you didn't find a battery cable to a 72 Pinto...

d5thouta5 said...

I need bigger keys on my keyboard