Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I've been scammed.... almost

Now I have been the object of plenty of scam attempts and have caught them all before I got burned.
Here is a new swing to the old game.
First: I am an older man who doesn't tend to make rapid changes in the new world of this internet and "twitter" "text messaging" "cell phone" "cell phone cameras" etc.. in other words, the newer world wide techie crap.
I just like the internet, I like being able to blog, I like email but would rather talk on the phone.

Second: I have a cell phone, so does my wife, and my daughter. all on the same account. I don't like paying a cell phone bill every month, but chaulk it up to the modern times (when the wife and I were in our 20s and 30s, we didn't need a cell phone while traveling). I hate text messages, I can't stand twitter and all that other abreviated crap that is the current rage.

Now the scam attempt by my local cell phone company that has been bought out by a bigger cell company that brags about coverage and all those people behind you on the t&v commercials. I already said I hate text messages, therefore when I get one on my cell phone... I ignore it.
So the cell company sends me a text message on 6/14/09 that says I agree to accept a Premium A____L purchase #38146 Gamerdata at the cost of $9.99 per month, taxes and fees not included.... GET THIS: IF I DON'T REPLY AND SAY NO I DON'T WANT IT.

NOW HOW IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO REPLY THAT I DON'T WANT IT IF I NEVER READ TEXT MESSAGES??????????????????

SCAM ATTEMPT............ if I was not pinching pennies this month, I would have paid the bill without looking at the charges. So my cell phone bill was not the usual 102.66 but 113.51......... you do the math... 9.99 a month comes out to $10.85 a month that is charged if you don't reply to a text message........

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON ALLTEL AND VERIZON............

No comments: