Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just another day in paradise

So it turns out rather nice over this weekend.....

Yeah, really nice for those St Pat's day paraders and whatever else, including ducks and penguins
Temp Saturday 42 with rain and wind,
temp Sunday 40 with more rain and wind.....

So the Little Princess and I decided it was a perfect time to take the 5th wheel hitch out of my big little mule (F250) and put it in my big big mule (F350).

Somehow both of those Ford trucks fit in our Ford Workshop (aka our garage), and with the Little Bronco out side getting wet, we proceeded to "dismantle" and "install".



First things first, jack up the rear ends of both trucks and once on jack stands, take the tires off.... thus exposing the task ahead..

I rapidly put the Little Princess to work taking off the bolts holding the rails ...
she really got into her work as evidenced here




Of course it was a little cool in the Ford Garage, (even with the dual heaters, that the Bus so graciously donated last fall, going full blast),
So notice the Little Princess has my Red Green hat on, along with my new carhart bibbers. Guess she inherited them sooner than I anticipated. But never fear, I was wearing my "Daytonna Prototype" ball cap and kept warm thinking of that 70 degree weather the Longroof and Jeep and the kid were enjoying.

Now I heard the Longroof was again running parts for the Jeep, seems he was elbow deep in the engine compartment of the Sungoddess's expedition.... Jeep that is not the way to keep from going to the Little Sisters ball games.....

Anyway, the Little Princess and I work feverishly Saturday on installing that hitch. Had to run to the local hardware store after breaking another drill bit.... forgot how hard frames of F350s are. So around 5 pm Saturday, the Little Princess tells me it is time to quit for the day, was it something about a wrench slipping and the kind words I said while rubbing my knuckles??

Off to Caseys for a free pizza and this old body was shot for the rest of the night.
Of course before we called it quits, the Little Princess reigned supreme at Tennis, Baseball (1st inning Mercy Rule), Golf (5 under par), but she let me win at bowling.

This morning ... weather was more of the same, and after my sunday morning ritual of catching up on local news (read the Bus's blog to hear what some dumb *ss politician from St. Louis is saying), the Little Princess and I continued our task at hand.

One thing, we got the front rail totally installed before we quit yesterday,



looking good....

So with more drilling,



and more drilling, and more bolts being removed, we finally got the passenger side of the rear rail done. Put the tires back on and moved to the driver's side.....

Soon it was apparent that this project was not going to be finished today..... My ole body was in pain, yes real pain, (working on a concrete floor with temps hovering around 40 - cold goes right into my joints)

So when we came to an impassee - that danged nut wouldn't come off



after breaking my "breaker bar", banging my hand again, and that high dollar "nut loosener" not working, we quit............

Time for bowling, tennis, golf and a 3 inning game of baseball and we'll hit the bed early tonight....

Thanks to the Little Princess for again being my Noble Assistant helping get r done

Jeep - that's what we were doing when you called, and as both trucks had no rear tires, and the trailer was all wet anyway, well, we just decided we weren't coming over to help...........

Celebrate Life

1 comment:

d5thouta5 said...

well...at least you had a good excuse...currently I have two broke Fords and stress through the roof as I can't fix either one of them....good story here that I am sure the longrooffan will share...
good job on the changeover...